(_) ___ | |_ ____
| |/ _ \| __|_ /
| | (_) | |_ / /
_/ |\___/ \__/___|
Laser cutting requirements
Laser cutting general information
File submission requirements
- One file per team
- File format must be Inkscape SVG - no other file format will be accepted
- One layer only in SVG file
- In document properties, set the display units to "mm"
- In document properties, set the page size to 600 x 300 mm
- In preferences, select "geometric bounding box"
- Only path objects can be included in the Inkscape SVG. Other object types must be converted to paths.
- All paths must be no fill, solid black stroke, 100% opacity, 0% blur, 0.01mm line thickness
- All paths must fit entirely within the page
- Page -> Display units: mm
- Page -> Page size - Custom size -> Width:600mm, Height:300mm
- Show border shadow: No
- Border colour: set this to green
- Edit -> Preferences... -> Tools -> Bounding box to use: Geometric bounding box
- Draw all (or most) lines with the Bezier tool ("Draw Bezier curves or straight lines"). The keyboard shortcut to select the Bezier tool is pressing "B".
Things to not do
- Do not send me .dwg files
- Do not send me .dxf files
- Do not send me any file format other than Inkscape SVG
- Do not send me several revisions of the same file
- Do not send me several files with individual pieces
- Do not include text, symbols, dimensions or other labels in your drawing.
- Do not include any filled regions in your drawing.